January 25, 2016

LASIK: Recovery Day 5

Right after I wake up my eyes feel super dry - like they get rusty during the night, because I do not oil them up in the middle of the night anymore. I did exercise more this morning. I am trying to get back to the same routine as before the surgery, since I have to go to the office tomorrow.   

Most of the morning my vision seemed a little blurry. I am having problems focusing on things, especially up close. My eyes do not feel overly dry, but they feel strained - like I have been trying to "bug out" for a long time or had my HappyLight shone straight into my eyes. I am probably overusing them by trying to read and catching up on my shows over the weekend. I should be more careful, but I am working from home today, so staring at computer screen all day is inevitable.

Half way through the morning I noticed a headache. I think it is due to the eyestrain, so that break at lunch was much needed. I went for a walk to get out of the house and to get away from all the screens. I think that helped, since by the end of the day my eyes seemed more relaxed.

When I was coming back from the library later that day the wind blew something into my eye and I mildly panicked inside. So I put my sunglasses on, even though the sun was setting, and it was almost dark outside, and hurried home. OMG! What a nerd! Oh well.. I will never again think anything weird about people that wear their sunglasses all of the time.

I put practically an entire bottle of artificial tears into my eye, when I got home. Bing Bong did instruct me to use them to wash it out, if anything gets into my eyes. So I use the eye drops all the time - after I wash my face, after I workout, after I go outside, etc. Just in case. I also wash my hands with soap all the time. In my book, cleanliness is one of the virtues of infection/illness prevention.

Otherwise, when I am just going about my business at home, my eyes don't feel uncomfortable at all. They definitely feel better than when I had my contacts in. With contacts, by the end of the day, I was not able to tolerant them at all - they would cloud up and feel like sand in my eyes. I would pop them off as soon as I got home every day. Contacts are convenient, but it is a pain to find the ones that are right for you and fit your eye perfectly.

At the end of the day, I tape on the eye shields. After putting all the drops in, of course. By the way, baby oil does dissolve the goo somewhat, unfortunately, it does not completely take it off. So I still have to scrub my forehead with the facial scrub and the cleanser. Very carefully, though, trying to avoid the eye sockets.

   *   *   *
More information about my LASIK adventure can be found on my official LASIK page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.