January 23, 2016

LASIK: Recovery Day 3

Woke up with a bunch of goop from the darn shields all over my forehead. I am 100% convinced that it is clogging up my pores, but I am really not sure how to take it off. I tried water, regular bar soup, liquid hand soap, makeup remover...olive oil? By now it is starting to collect dirt, and I have black streaks on the sides of my face. Hmmm… 


After the first couple of days, you no longer need to get up every four hours during the night to use the drops - only use them about four time during the day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and before going to sleep). Still being very careful not to touch my face and still not brave enough to wash my hair.

I believe two things are essential for the most efficient recovery - sleep and great nutrition. Sleep I have not had a problem with. So the one thing I am trying to be better at is getting enough of the proper nutrients. I know that it is the last thing you want to think of right now, but I am a firm believer that for an effective recovery you need to make sure that you are doing everything possible to ensure your eyes' health.

Generally, I love my processed foods. In my book convenience is worth paying for. However, for the sake of healthy eyes I am actually trying to eat a diet that includes, according to my research, the best foods for eye health. Plus, my physician told me that avoiding processed foods will help with lowering cholesterol. Carrots, of course. Cantaloupe. Blueberries. Spinach. Butternut squash. Spaghetti squash. Avocados. Eggs. Fish. Beef. Sausage. Oh wait... does sausage fall into the processed foods category? Now I'm gonna have to admit that I ate a bunch of Easter candies yesterday. Damn! Who would ever find those appropriate to be sold in January anyway? I blame it all on the commercialization of holidays.

Finally, since the eye is filled with fluids, it is important to stay hydrated. But of course, avoiding alcohol - I am pretty sure it kills more than just brain cells.

At night I did notice the halos around the bright lights. However, they did not effect my driving or my ability to read the signs. The glowing around the full moon was actually fascinating. Mostly halos are just around the street lights and did not seem to bother me more than the glare that you typically get driving in glasses at night. 

*   *   *
Find more information about my LASIK adventure on my official LASIK page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.