January 27, 2013

OMG! I am a turophile!

I love cottage cheese.  It's one of my favorite foods.  At any giving time I have two or three different kinds in my fridge.  Theoretically, I eat it because it is a great source of lean protein, since I lift practically every day.  In reality, I eat it because I just can't get enough of the creamy goodness. Normally, I strive for portion control and only eat a couple of teaspoons at a time. But on Sunday mornings I allow myself to indulge - cottage cheese is the only thing I eat for breakfast.  And I eat as much I want.


I am not exactly sure why cottage cheese has some kind of stigma attached to it in US.  But I know that you should definitely eat more of it.  It doesn't hurt that some varieties are calcium fortified, which is great for your bones.  In addition, cottage cheese it a very versatile food.  It pairs with so many other flavors and can be used in many dishes. These are a couple of my suggestions.  What's yours like?

  • Chocolate syrup
  • Raisins 
  • Dry cereal
  • Orange juice concentrate
  • Brown sugar and cinnamon
  • Instant coffee
  • Pudding
  • Fruit
  • Jam
  • Salsa
  • With chopped spinach, thawed
  • On peanut-buttered crackers
  • As stuffing in crepes
  • In pastries
  • In a salad 
  • In a lasagna (just don’t tell you husband)
  • On baked potato
  • In dips
Source: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.