January 23, 2013

Da Perfect Woman?

I love to read.  I read a lot.  At any given time I am reading something. For example, right now I am reading a very curious book - "Why Do Men Love Bitches" by Sherry Argov. I have never had a "self-help" book captivate me this much.

One thing I really like thus far is her definition of the societal label "bitch".  A bitch is "an empowered woman who derives tremendous strength from the ability to be an independent thinker".  Sherry also provides ten characteristics that define a bitch:
1.   She maintains her independence.
2.   She doesn't pursue him.
3.   She is mysterious.
4.   She leaves him wanting.
5.   She doesn't let him see her sweat.
6.   She remains in control of her time.
7.   She maintains a sense of humor.
8.   She places a high value on herself.
9.   She is passionate about something other than him.
10. She treats her body like a finely tuned machine."

Throughout the book Sherry also uses other expressions to define her perception of a "bitch":

  • kind yet strong;
  • a strength that is ever so subtle;
  • will stand up for herself;
  • knows what she wants, but will not compromise herself to get it;
  • flowery on the outside and steel on the inside;
  • uses her femininity to her own advantage;
  • plays fair;
  • has the presence of mind to not be swept away by romantic fantasy;
  • remains cool under pressure;
  • knows when to pull back and stop giving;
  • she is a mental challenge;
  • has an edge;
  • lives by her own standards;
  • places high value on herself;
  • capable of holding her own in a relationship. 

Hmmm... I don't think I mind being a bitch at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.