June 16, 2012

LA Strange: On Hooking Up

I get hit on a lot here.  So much – it’s disgusting.  I can’t even go to the store without getting stalked.

So there I was. In VONS. In search of their $5 Friday deal on Tiramisu. This guy casually comes up to me and says: “I just wanted to tell you that I think you are very beautiful.” I, of course, get a smile up to my ears, “Awe… Tee Hee Hee...  Thank you… Tee Hee Hee… That makes two of us... Tee Hee Hee…” He looks me up and down like he is buying a TV and says: “I would love to hook up with you.”  Just like that.  In the middle of frozen foods.  Seriously? Is that how it’s done in LA?

The smile instantaneously fades.  I gave him the look I gave Mr. Dealer Cameron during our poker game.    O no you dit-ten! 
Him after a moment of silence: “So what do you say?”
Eh…  So obviously nothing.
“Boyfriend?” 
Oh yes...  Of course...  I have a boyfriend...  A nod.  Please leave me alone... Life is so much better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.