February 3, 2016

LASIK: Recovery days 11 through 14

Recovery Day 11 (January 31, 2016)
Things are even better today. It was raining most of the day, so the humidity in the air might be what kept my eyes from getting overly dry today. I hardly used the artificial tears at all. Only following doctors prescription of every four hours.

I am also trying to stay normal about my eyes, just keeping my hands away from them, but no extreme protectiveness.

Recovery Day 12 (Monday, February 1, 2016)
I woke up this morning feeling my cheek pushed up into my eye. I kind of panicked fearing that it would disturb the corneal flap, move it out of place, distort my eyeball in some way, etc. I guess the shield moved during the night or maybe I didn't tape it onto the proper spot the night before. But my vision did not seem to be affected - I was seeing fine. So I figured I panicked for no reason. Will do a better job at eye shield placement tonight.

I must have gotten soap into my eyes while washing my hair. I have been having some sharp pains in both eyes from time to time, and I am getting a headache again. I guess it is also possible that it is just from the eyestrain again - I have been concentrating super hard on my audits for most of the day.

After I got home from my evening walk, I noticed enlarge red blood veins in the whites of my eyes. It is super windy today, so the wind must really bothers them. Also, I constantly feel like there is something in my eyes, but maybe I am just feeling the veins filling with blood. The redness went away after I added a couple of drops of artificial tears. There is no pain, just mild discomfort.

Recovery Day 13 (Tuesday, February 2, 2016)
Nothing new. The heat in the car seems to dry out the eyes. Otherwise, just putting the drops in every a few hours or whenever the eyes feel uncomfortable. No changes in vision. Everything seems normal and stable.

My eyes were feeling less dry in the morning - it is less of a battle to get them open anymore. They also feel more and more comfortable during the day. I am not getting super paranoid about the different sensations that I experience during the day.

Recovery Day 14 (Wednesday, February 3, 2016)
I don't think there have been any significant changes in my vision in the last few days. Everything feels great, and everything is the norm now. I am back to my new normal, I guess. Yeah, I need to start forming new habits - I am still looking for a space to set my glasses at night and look around for them in the morning. But I am already making space for new potions and lotions in the bathroom.  Collecting all my vision-related paraphernalia to donate. 

Hopefully, I am still seeing 20/20, as at the last follow up appointment. My next one is schedule for beginning of March. I will make sure to report, if there have been any changes. My two weeks of wearing eye shields to bed and not wearing make up are up tomorrow.

   *   *   *
You can read more about my LASIK adventure on my official LASIK page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.