August 24, 2012

Going Bananas?

According to my super sis, "banana is a perfect snack".  And as always, she is absolutely right.  "A new study from Appalachian State University found that when cyclists ate half of one (banana) in place of downing a bottled sports drink every 15 minutes during a simulated race, they got an identical performance boost, plus added nutritional benefits" (Shape magazine).

Ok so I don't eat bananas anymore. Did I mention I live in LA now?  Here I much rather prefer a papaya.  I am exotic like that. Plus, bananas tend to overripe way too fast in this climate.  However, if I do, it is in the form of peanut butter Nutella sandwiches on banana slices.  Yummy Yum Yum!


 

 

 
 

Sourse:
 
Shape.com, September 2012, Shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.