August 19, 2014

Cucumber Jello Salad

Cucumber is my favorite vegetable.  It is perfect in the hot days of California summer - cool, hydrating, and low in calories (only 45 in the whole thing!).  And of course, I love the taste. I put it even into my smoothies that I have became a huge fan of thanks to my dental graft surgery. 

In addition to the numerous smoothies that I now whip out practically everyday,  I frequently make this Cucumber Jello Salad.  It is creamy, refreshing and very low in calories, if you use all fat free ingredients.  I think I may have adopted it from somewhere, since there are so many versions of this salad floating around the web.  Also, the post-it that I have it written down on calls for a chopped onion and recommends to "serve with ham", which I never do. 
 
1 large cucumber, grated
1 cup fat-free Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 cup water
1 4-serving size sugar-free lime jello

Mix first three ingredients in a large bowl.  Dissolve jello in the boiling water.  Add to the cucumber mixture.  Stir well.  Refrigerate until set or overnight.  Enjoy.

The total number of calories is 385.  Which translates to under 100 calories per serving, if you serve 4.  But I never feel guilty eating the whole bowl all by myself.  I hope you love it too! 

Ingredient
Calories
Cottage cheese
160
Mayo
160
Jello
20
Cucumber
45
Total
385


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.