January 15, 2018

Invisalign: Removal of the attachments

I have survived another appointment to have the attachments removed, to have my teeth cleaned and whitened. It took over 3 hours. 


First, the dentist removed all the dental bonding attachments and polished my teeth. That took about 20 minutes at most. There was no pain, just discomfort. I mean the guy totally knows what he is doing. But the enamel is definitely not as smooth as it was before the attachments. I can feel the grooves left by the tool with my tongue, and if I look really close in the mirror I can even see them. My teeth are still shiny when wet, so other people are not going to be able to notice anything.

After waiting for a few minutes, I had my teeth cleaned and polished by the hygienist. I can only assume this procedure was billed to the insurance, since there was no out of pocket cost for me. One thing that always baffles me is that every single person that works on my mouth feels compelled to tell me that I have receding gums and not to brush too hard. Hello! I have a giant patch right on the front my  mouth - the cat is out of the bag!

After waiting a little longer, I had undergone a tooth-whitening procedure. I opted for the in-office Zoom. It took about 2 hours. Not the most pleasant experience (you can read more about it in my next post) and not a recommended option for those of us, who have super sensitive teeth. But the results are amazing. And I can finally wear lipstick again. Yay!

Now I just have to come back to get a couple of fillings fixed - they got inadvertently chipped, when the Invisalign attachments were first bonded on - and have the impressions of my new bite taken for the retainers. Is it possible that my Invisalign journey is almost over? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.