December 25, 2015

New Adventures of Old Kind

As if I have not had enough problems lately, I have just scheduled a Lasik surgery. It is something I have been wanting to do probably since the day I found out that this type of miracle existed. However, I have been putting it off. 

At first, I have been putting it off until I had enough money. Then, I was putting it off until I had someone in my life I could trust in case something went wrong - I do not want to be taking any chances, since this procedure takes place terrifyingly close to the brain. But now I am just starting to get sick and tired of all the hoops that you have to jump through when you wear contacts - the discomfort of the driest eyes ever, the blurry vision, lugging around all the cases and solutions when you travel, stumbling around like a drunk without my glasses, and so on, and so forth. So finally I said: "Fuck it, just do it." Yup, even though they say that it is all about the timing, timing is never perfect. 

Being an INTJ, I have done an enormous amount of research on this procedure before making my decision… in addition to reading all available literature in optometrists offices every time I went for my annual vision exam. I have decided that I am satisfied with the current state of the Lasik, considering the innovation and technological advances it has undergone over the years.

During my research of this procedure, I have uncovered tons of official advertisements and medical literature and doctor descriptions of procedure. However, I do not remember having a single blog entry with a real life account of the experience pop up during the search. Thus, I have decided to document my Lasik experience the way I documented my gum graft surgery

Although Lasik is portrayed it as a fairly routine operation (the receptionist even asked me, if I would like to have it done on the day of the consultation), I think many people out there would be curious to read about the procedure and the recovery from a perspective of an individual, who actually went through the process. We hear about Lasik all the time, yet I have not met anyone who would openly talk about it.

My Lasik surgery is scheduled for January 20th, 2016. You can follow the entire journey on my official LASIK page. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to take advantage of the First Amendment.